Today, I would like to share with you a few ideas on how to personalize your wedding and give your guests a wedding experience they haven’t had before. Yes, this is your day and it should be amazing but I believe it is also important to involve your guests and surprise them.
- Write your own vows and keep them as a keepsake in your anniversary box!
- Include friends or family members to read a poem or sing a song
- Pick songs for the ceremony that really mean something to you, it doesn’t always have to be the traditional way, change it, it’s your day!
- Have a surprise guest be the ring bearer!
- Everybody loves seeing photos on how your grew you and your fiance grew up! There are various wasy on how to inocorporate these photos, you put together a video montage, use them as your table numbers, create a photo album for all to see and add their memories with you or display them on a table
- To show your grandparents how special they are to you, you could put up a beautiful frame with their wedding photo and display it at your reception, acknowledge them during an anniversary dance
- Groom’s cakes are coming back and why not? This is a great way to involve your fiance, let him do it all, pick the design, the flavors and present it at the reception. Eat it or save it for the next day or your first anniversary!
- Dance, dance, dance… if you don’t dance, your friends won’t dance. Choreographed first dances have become very popular and I can’t tell you enough, how fun they are. It is something special for your guests to see and you will share great memories with your husband down the road. You can do your first dance during the cocktail hour, at your grand entrance, after dinner or after your cake cutting.
- Share a toast with your guests, thank them for coming and tell them your story, make it personal and really connect with your friends and family